PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
UI UX Designer – Cloud Services
As the UI/UX designer of PASQAL’s Cloud Services team, you will be responsible for designing PASQAL’s main web interfaces. You will have the challenging task to understand the desired user experience and to translate it into smart, intuitive and attractive user interfaces to help get our technology easily in the hands of end users.
Your missions and responsibilities will include:
- Creating mockups (wireframes and UIs) that implement the user flows and user stories described by the Product and Business teams.
- Continuously taking feedback from internal and external users during the design phase, especially through workshops and through the collection and exploitation of appropriate metrics.
- Continuously improving the designs based on the collected feedback.
- Delivering documented designs to the frontend engineers.
- Collaborating actively with the frontend engineers to build and expand a custom and scalable design system for PASQAL frontends.
- Collaborating with the Product and Business managers to better define the product vision as well as to propose new features.
- Collaborating with Product Owners to create iterative and achievable releases and user stories.
- Keeping a regular technological watch.
- Having an inventive activity in the scientific and technical fields related to the Company’s research, products, technologies and markets; filing patents.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & Experience
You have a minimum of 3 years of experience working as a UI and/or UX designer.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- UX Design (wireframes/mockups, user discovery interviews).
- UI Design (Figma).
- Familiar with the design system approach and eager to implement it.
- Minimal knowledge of frontend programming languages (CSS/HTML).
- Creative and analytical: ability to break problems down into elementary parts and come up with new features that solve them.
- Agile cultural experience.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Curiosity and keen interest for new technologies and tools.
English professional proficiency, spoken and written, is mandatory to work in PASQAL’s international environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.