PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. Our innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. In addition to the outstanding computing power that they provide, QPUs are very energy efficient meaning that they will significantly contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it benefits from numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems… Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the Paris-Saclay quantum ecosystem, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to actively contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest technological challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
As a member of the Engineering and Production Team, you will be at the heart and play a key role in PASQAL’s development activities. Your main responsibilities will encompass:
- In close cooperation with other entities in the company, from R&D to business, compiling and keeping updated the system-level specifications of existing and future products.
- Managing the interfaces (hardware and software) of a complex set-up (lasers, optical modulators, cameras, sequencers, detectors, lock-in, AWGs…)
- Specifying communication networks & protocols, testing and validating them on the hardware.
- Participating actively in the integration of the prototypes and in their maintenance.
- Analyzing failure modes of the hardware, specifying and contributing to developing testability and maintainability functions.
- Studying and managing compliance with applicable standards, specifying induced evolutions of the system.
- Recommending evolutions of the product definition, especially at architecture level, in order to optimize the design and prepare future evolutions.
- Following-up and ensuring consistency between the definition and specifications of the projects of PASQAL (hardware and software stack).
This position corresponds to a job creation which aims at supporting the rapid growth of PASQAL’s activity.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: full time
Qualification & experience
You hold a MsC or an Engineering degree in Electronics / Physics.
You have at least five years of experience as a System Engineer in industries involving a complex environment with strong electronics and ideally optics contents.
As the successful candidate, you have a strong appetite for problem-analysis and continuous improvement. You are comfortable with both theoretical and hands-on approaches.
You have proven proficiency over the whole V-cycle (including specifications, integration and test), with a strong ability to understand the details of a complex system using a top-down approach.
You have experience in analyzing and implementing testability and maintainability features in complex systems. Knowledge of FMECA and FTA methods will be appreciated.
You are a team player who knows how to use his / her strong interpersonal skills and power of conviction to bring high technology projects to success.
Fluency in English is required for this position.