PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
As an Embedded Software Engineer at PASQAL, you will join the Engineering and Production Department in charge of designing, assembling and testing the industrial Quantum Processors. Your mission will among others encompass:
- Contributing to the drafting of specifications.
- Defining the Software Architecture.
- Designing the software according to specifications.
- Conducting Unitary Tests, Unit / Module testing, debugging.
- Documenting according to the V-cycle.
- Providing support during system integration.
- Maintaining the code.
This position is a job creation to support the strong growth of PASQAL’s Engineering and Production team.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & experience
You own a MSc or and Engineering degree with a major in Electronics or Embedded Software.
Your professional experience of eight years or more in activities in relation with interface-level software provides you with a strong proficiency over the whole embedded software development cycle.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen interest in new technologies and be excited about the scientific challenges that PASQAL is facing. He/she will have a strong ability to work autonomously, with limited direction.
The following describes him well:
- Senior profile, with several years of experience in the industry.
- Proficiency with C/C++ programming on ARM-based microcontrollers (ATSAMx, Zynq) with real-time constraints.
- Good knowledge of Ethernet and USB protocols.
- FPGA and /or Python skills would be a plus.
- Operational with Source control Management tools such as Gitlab.
- Able to work on the whole V-cycle, from specifications to product qualification.
Appetence for working in a multicultural environment and English professional proficiency are mandatory for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer.