PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. Our innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. In addition to the outstanding computing power that they provide, QPUs are very energy efficient meaning that they will significantly contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it benefits from numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems… Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the Paris-Saclay quantum ecosystem, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to actively contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest technological challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
As the SecOps Engineer at PASQAL, you will have direct responsibility of the security in relation with the cloud platform that we develop to provide Quantum Computing services. This encompasses among others the following missions:
- tuning security controls to improve detection (e.g., metrics reporting, alerting & policy contributions, etc.);
- investigating, documenting and reporting on information security issues and emerging trends (i.e., internal auditing);
- analyzing and responding to vulnerabilities and IOCs (e.g., creation of security playbooks or runbooks);
- keeping abreast of security technology and developments within the cybersecurity field and their impacts on and potential benefits to PASQAL;
- on-call duty for responding to security incidents;
- leading security awareness training and foster best practices within the company.
Beside these product-oriented missions you will also provide expertise and support for other corporate IT security topics. This involves collaborating with the CIO on the overall security of the company IT infrastructure.
You will have an inventive activity in the scientific and technical fields related to the Company’s research, products, technologies and markets; this may inply filing patents. Part of these missions will be conducted with the support of external contractors.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification and Experience
You own a BSc / MSc level in Information Security or Information Technology or formal practical training in Cybersecurity Operations.
You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position, as SecOps in a fast-growing medium-sized structure.
You have experience in securing IT systems and networks in multi-site structures, in cloud-based architectures and in a high-tech corporate environment.
Technical skills required for this position are:
- knowledge of technical security controls, their design, implementation, and operation;
- familiarity with Cloud (OVH/Openstack) security structure and tools;
- experience with threat hunting and forensics;
- some knowledge of any tool / language in our current tech stack: Gitlab CI, Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Python, React/Js;
- previous experience in working with Linux systems;
- Having experience with SOC/ISO audits will be a plus.
The following skills will also be highly appreciated:
- very good communication, listening and teaching skills;
- ability to work independently with limited direction;
- sense of anticipation and adaptability to identify and implement innovative solutions;
- agile cultural experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.