PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Scientific Software Developer
As a member of PASQAL’s Simulation team, you will be in charge of expanding and maintaining our code database and software applications libraries.
You will develop and optimize high-performance code, that you will implement and benchmark accessing both our computing GPU cluster, as well as the actual QPUs for benchmarking purpose and for experimenting with hybrid workflows.
Your role will be key to ensure code quality and general algorithmic efficiency of our emulators and for numerical research.
Potential technical axes include for instance:
- development and deployment of emulation software;
- Hybrid Workflows (CPU – GPU – QPU);
- integration to international HPC centers…
Your missions will also include:
- writing structured and documented quality code;
- making sure that all code pushed to production is correctly monitored and tested;
- keeping a regular technological watch.
- having an inventive activity in the scientific and technical fields related to the Company’s research, products, technologies and markets; filing patents.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & Experience
You own a MSc in Computer Science and 5+ years of experience acquired in developing scientific software; or a PhD in Computer Science followed with 2+ years in scientific software development.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Proficiency with at least two of C++, Julia, Python or CUDA, in demanding numerical applications.
- Experience with version control, code reviews and continuous integration of code repositories.
- Creative problem solver.
- Agile cultural experience.
- Good technical communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Curiosity and keen interest for new technologies.
English professional proficiency is mandatory to work in PASQAL’s international environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.