PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. Our innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. In addition to the outstanding computing power that they provide, QPUs are very energy efficient meaning that they will significantly contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it benefits from numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems… Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the Paris-Saclay quantum ecosystem, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to actively contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest technological challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Reporting to the management of PASQAL, you will be instrumental to implement and develop the Purchasing function of the company to support the rapid growth of its activity.
You will work in close cooperation with the Project Managers, Engineers and Procurement Engineers mainly from the R&D, Engineering and Production departments.
Your main missions and responsibilities will encompass:
- placing the orders, starting from specifications, quotes and/or technical drawings;
- monitoring and managing inventory;
- following-up and ensuring proper fulfillment of contractual commitments from suppliers, in line with the expectations of the technical departments (quality, delivery time…);
- in close collaboration with the engineers from the technical services, conducting a permanent technology and industry survey to identify new relevant suppliers;
- specifying, setting up and using relevant Key Performance Indicators for the Purchasing function of PASQAL and reporting them to the management of the company;
- contributing to specifying and implementing the Purchasing Strategy of PASQAL, paying special attention to the case of core modules and supplies;
- in close collaboration with the engineers from the technical departments, contributing to the drafting of specifications of products and services and ensuring that they include all necessary technical, legal and commercial topics;
- playing a pilot role in RFQ and RFP processes, including issuing consultation documents, collecting and analyzing offers, discussing performances and deadlines and negotiating prices and other terms and conditions of the contracts;
- auditing and evaluating key suppliers to rate them and implement progress plans when needed;
- getting actively involved in the drafting, negotiation and implementation of sustainable partnership agreements with key suppliers.
This position is a job creation to support the strong growth of PASQAL’s development and manufacturing activities.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: full time
Qualification & experience
You hold a MSc or an Engineering degree in a discipline involved in the manufacturing of our QPUs (optics, electronics, physics…)
You have at least five years of experience in high-tech industries, and you have spent three or more years in a purchasing role preferably in relation with multi-disciplinary leading-edge projects.
Your experience and your technical background allow you to fully understand the challenges in relation with the characteristics of high-technology modules and to identify the key points of their specifications.
You have a keen interest in cutting-edge technologies and you feel enthusiastic about contributing to help PASQAL meet the technical and industrial challenges that we are facing. Your technical background and willingness to learn allow you to dive deeply into the key elements and various technologies of complex systems.
You have a very good knowledge and practice of negotiation techniques and of the methods of consulting suppliers and service providers (calls for tenders, referencing…)
You know how to use your strong inter-personal and negotiation skills to agree upon and implement contracts and agreements which are sustainable and satisfactory for all parties involved.
You can work autonomously with limited instructions, building upon your experience and creativity.
Fluency in English is essential to work in PASQAL’s international environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.