PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. Our innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. In addition to the outstanding computing power that they provide, QPUs are very energy efficient meaning that they will significantly contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it benefits from numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems… Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the Paris-Saclay quantum ecosystem, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to actively contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest technological challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Laser Procurement Engineer
The laser modules are key elements of the quantum processors developed by PASQAL.
Within the Engineering and Production team of PASQAL, you will take responsibility for the procurement of the laser modules from various manufacturers with which you will develop strong and sustainable partnerships.
You will be responsible for multiple customer – supplier interactions and as such you will need to:
- Understand and have a critical opinion on the specifications, information and technical reports from manufacturers, develop good knowledge of their roadmap.
- Understand and have a critical opinion on PASQAL’s needs and on their medium-term evolution.
- Assess the industrial maturity and the quality of solutions offered by suppliers, contribute to the choice of partners. Following a cooperative approach, you will support the progress of their maturity.
- Be able to contribute to the specification of a specific test bench.
- Using information from suppliers and PASQAL’s in-house experience, analyze the failure modes of the various laser modules so as to assess their reliability accurately.
- Propose efficient solutions for the diagnosis and the maintenance of laser modules at various levels, manage associated actions in-house as well as externally.
- Collaborating with the department’s experts, specify and follow-up on specific technical developments carried out by suppliers in order to improve the performance and functionalities of existing systems.
In close cooperation with the production team and with other departments of PASQAL, you may be involved in the characterization and modelling of lasers.
This position is a job creation, to support the fast growth of PASQAL’s activity.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: full time
Qualification & experience
You hold an Engineering degree in optics or a general Engineering degree.
You gained at least five years of professional experience in research and development, characterization and/or modelling of laser systems with a well-known laser manufacturer.
You acquired experience during at least two years in the industrial development of products and you are familiar with topics in relation with quality, reliability and maintainability. Knowledge of FMECA and FTA methods will be appreciated.
Past experience in customer – supplier relationship and of joint developments will be a plus.
You have experience of the integration of complex systems, and of associated methods and processes.
You show a keen interest in cutting-edge technologies and you are enthusiastic about helping to meet the scientific and technical challenges facing PASQAL.
You have in-depth knowledge of laser technologies and associated electronics.
You have good interpersonal skills and enjoy direct or remote interaction with suppliers.
You are endowed with a great sense of organization and appreciate teamwork.
Fluency in English is mandatory.