PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Electronics Engineer – Hardware and Embedded Software
As an Electronics Engineer at PASQAL, you will be a core member of the electronics team in the Engineering and Production Department, that is in charge of designing and of manufacturing industrial Quantum Processors. You will be involved in the main activities of the Department, which starts with the design, test, integration of the electronics at the heart of PASQAL’s QPUs.
You will be directly responsible for several tasks along the V-cycle, including:
- designing printed circuit boards according to specifications,
- entering and updating diagrams and optimizing layouts (ORCAD),
- testing and debugging prototype PCBs,
- programming microcontrollers before system integration (C language),
- writing the documentation in line with the V-cycle rules and procedures,
- providing support for the certification of the products.
Another key mission will be in relation with the industrialization and manufacturing of PASQAL products, through the following tasks:
- following-up on the manufacturing of the boards,
- assembling boards and modules,
- manufacturing cables and harnesses,
- testing modules before integration,
- diagnosing and repairing possible failures.
You will also maintain an inventive activity in the scientific and technical fields related to the Company’s research, products, technologies and markets; and file or contribute towards filing patents as needed.
This position is a job creation to support the strong growth of PASQAL’s Engineering and Production team.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & experience
You own a MSc or and Engineering degree with a major in Electronics.
Ten years or more of professional experience in activities in relation with the design of hardware and interface-level software, provide you with a strong proficiency over the whole hardware and software development cycle.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen interest in new technologies and be excited about the scientific challenges that PASQAL is facing.
He/she will have a strong ability to work autonomously, with limited direction.
The following describes him well:
- a broad set of skills among digital, analog, power and high-speed electronics,
- knowledge of EMC constraints and associated design rules,
- experienced with ARM microcontrollers and with C-programming with real-time constraints,
- ability to work at each step of the whole V-cycle, from specifications to product qualification.
FPGA skills would be a plus.
Appetence for working in a multicultural environment and English professional proficiency are mandatory for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.