PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Computational Quantum Dynamics Researcher
As a member of our Simulation team, you will be instrumental to design, implement and test innovative numerical algorithms. These will range from the simulation of various aspects and phenomena encountered in Neutral Atoms QPUs (Quantum Processing Units), to the emulation of their behavior and performance for specific information processing tasks.
The Researcher leads research tasks and projects in relation with computational quantum dynamics and quantum circuit simulation, taking into account specific constraints of neutral atom QPUs. He works in close collaboration with Quantum Hardware scientists.
You will be in charge in developing and optimizing high-performance code, that you will implement and benchmark accessing both our computing GPU cluster, as well as the actual QPUs for benchmarking purpose.
Your role will be key to ensure code quality and general algorithmic efficiency of our emulators, especially to support applied research in the fields of Chemistry and Material Science.
Potential technical axes include for instance:
- simulation of Quantum Circuits for Neutral atom QPUs;
- Hybrid Workflows (CPU – GPU – QPU);
- Quantum Dynamics algorithms for open and noisy systems…
Your missions will also include:
- writing structured and documented quality code;
- making sure that all code pushed to production is correctly monitored and tested;
- keeping a regular technological watch.
- having an inventive activity in the scientific and technical fields related to the Company’s research, products, technologies and markets; filing patents.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France) or Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & Experience
You own a PhD in physics, complemented with at least 3 years of post-doctoral experience in Quantum Systems.
You have an established publication track record.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Proficiency with at least two of C++, Julia, Python or CUDA, in demanding numerical applications.
- Experience with version control, code reviews and continuous integration of code repositories.
- Creative problem solver.
- Agile cultural experience.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Curiosity and keen interest for new technologies.
English professional proficiency is mandatory to work in PASQAL’s international environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.