PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Backend Software Developer – Cloud
As a developer, you will work on Pasqal Cloud Services platform’s backend applications.
You will have the challenging task to build all the applicative stack that will open our hosted quantum
processors to the outside world. You will be responsible of implementing the public API services, along
with the internal components that will let your services communicate with the pool of quantum
Your missions and responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing the backend systems that will support the cloud services.
- Writing structured and documented quality code.
- Participating in the application’s entire lifecycle.
- Collaborating with the Devops team to continuously improve the platform.
- Making sure all code pushed to production is correctly monitored and tested.
- Collaborating with the Quantum Software team to efficiently design systems around the
features we want to expose.
- Keeping a regular technological watch.
- Having an inventive activity in the scientific and technical fields related to the Company’s
research, products, technologies and markets; filing patents.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & experience
- MS level in computer science
- 2+ years of experience working in a strong engineering environment on a cloud-based product
- Professional experience in Python
- Creative problem solver
- Agile cultural experience
- Able to work independently with limited direction
- Curiosity and keen interest for new technologies
- Fluency in spoken and written English