PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Quantum Software Engineer
The Quantum Libraries team is in charge of designing, developing and maintaining the software tools and modules that bridge the gap between the quantum hardware (QPUs: Quantum Processing Units) and the users and application developers.
These tools and modules encompass:
- frontend interfaces to design quantum programs to be run on emulators or the QPU, at both the gate and pulse levels (e.g. Pulser),
- quantum circuit compilers, comprising optimization, transpilation and assembly into hardware instructions,
- tools and SDKs that accelerate and simplify the development of high-level quantum applications.
Within the Team you will especially be in charge of:
- overseeing the maintenance of existing modules and projects,
- developing an in-depth understanding of the activities and tasks in the projects in your perimeter,
- contributing to the design and implementation of new features,
- collaborating closely with the teams at PASQAL to specify and develop the tools that address their needs in the best possible manner,
- playing an active role in the invention and proposal of novel algorithms, methods or techniques, whether technical or scientific.
This position is a job creation, to foster the growth of PASQAL’s activity.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & Experience
You hold a MSc or an Engineering degree with a major in Physics, Computer Science or in a related field.
Your professional background has provided you with at least 4 years of experience in software development in a comparable position and/or through demonstrable contributions to open-source software projects.
The successful candidate will have proven proficiency and experience with Python, and a strong experience in source control (Git) and Continuous Integration tools.
You have a taste for collaborative coding practices, especially for code reviews. During your professional career, you have acquired the continuous practice of a well-structured, tested and documented code.
In this position you will build upon your interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team, while being able to work independently with limited directions and to make well-thought decisions throughout the development process.
English professional proficiency is mandatory to work in PASQAL’s international environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer