PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units and dedicated software tools. These innovative processors address applications which are out of the reach of the most powerful existing supercomputers, encompassing real-world challenges as well as fundamental science. As they are very low energy intensive, they will significantly contribute to reduce the carbon footprint of the computing industry.
PASQAL has partnerships with key users in the fields of energy, IT, finance, drug and chemical design, automotive… The maturity and potential of our technology and the quality of our scientific team has been rewarded several times at French, European as well as global levels.
Our technology builds upon considerable knowledge accumulated over decades by the Institut d’Optique near Paris (IOGS / CNRS); it makes the best of numerous recent achievements in laser cooling of atoms, opto-electronics, vacuum and detection systems. Based in Massy and Palaiseau, at the heart of the quantum ecosystem south of Paris, PASQAL is funded by Quantonation, a VC fund focusing on Quantum Technologies, and is attracting world-class investors.
Joining PASQAL is an opportunity to contribute to the rapid development of a Deep-Tech startup at the forefront of the second Quantum Revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the greatest challenges ever, shaping the technology landscape of the 21st century. You will work among top-class engineers and scientists, competing against the world’s biggest players.
Quality Engineer – Cloud Services
As a Quality Engineer at PASQAL, you will be responsible for ensuring that our Cloud Services grow into a mature, production-ready platform that scales while always guaranteeing a reliable and quality service to customers. You will especially be in charge of the following missions:
- Developing test plans and processes.
- Creating and maintaining end-to-end integration tests for Pasqal Cloud Services.
- Assisting in defining SLAs and in reviewing functional specifications and designs for meeting such SLAs.
- Creating and improving automated tools to streamline the QA and CI workflows.
- Conducting validation campaigns for specific milestones and deployments.
- Ensuring that our test plans are on track, working closely with Product, Development and Support teams.
- Improving the stability, efficiency and coverage of automated tests.
- Conducting regular follow-ups on the applications’ quality (e.g., checking SLAs compliance), identifying issues and providing adequate reporting.
- Writing structured and documented quality code.
- Keeping a regular technological watch.
- Having an inventive activity in the scientific and technical fields related to the Company’s research, products, technologies and markets; filing patents.
This position is a job creation to support the strong growth of PASQAL’s Cloud Platform team.
Location: Massy – Palaiseau (Southern Paris area – France)
Start date: position available now
Type of contract: permanent contract
Qualification & Experience
You own a BSc / MSc level or an Engineering degree with a major in Computer Science, followed by more than 4 years of experience working in the development of cloud infrastructures.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen interest in new technologies and technical challenges.
Main technical skills required for this position are:
- Professional experience in software test automation and validation (incl. experience with software QA testing tools).
- Experience working with one or more of the following tools: Gitlab CI, Terraform, Docker.
- Additional knowledge of the rest of our stack will be highly appreciated (Python, React.js, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana).
Other personal skills which will be appreciated encompass:
- Creative problem solver.
- Agile cultural experience.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Curiosity and keen interest in new technologies and technical challenges.
English professional proficiency is mandatory to work in PASQAL’s international environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.